Have you ever talked to yourself… out loud… and just felt so odd, yet also a bit relieved to get it out?
Sometimes, talking with God can be like that. It is especially a bit stand-offish when you are doing for the first time or doing it for the first time in a long time. However, it is necessary. It is far from weird. God wants us to commune with Him. Moreover, He wants us to commune with Him anytime.
Challenge yourself to spend time with God more. Talk with Him. Out loud if you feel it necessary. Or, like so many others, you may want to just do it inside your head, or mutter whatever it is under your breath. No matter how you do it, talk with the Lord.
What about? Any and everything. Shoot the breeze with Him. The more you communicate with Him, the less it feels like an odd task. When you talk to God, be sure to look and listen for what He has to say back. We don’t want a one-sided convo, do we? (The answer should be no my friends).
Not sure where to start? Here are some things to get you thinking about it and hopefully these tactics will help you to actually talk to God:
- Talk to God as if He is right in front of you
- Start small… it could be something slight that you’ve been pondering
- Don’t limit your conversation… God is ready for whatever you have to offer
- If you are too shy, try writing it down or saying it in your head. *IT STILL COUNTS! *
- Pray… if nothing comes out or nothing comes to mind when you try, just ask God for help to talk to Him.
Scripture to Remember (as you make the effort to talk to God):
Psalm 66:19-20 (NIV) but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!